Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

If one twin is a carrier for a disease, does that automatically make the other twin a carrier?

I'm studying colorblindness and I already created a pedigree of three generations. Basically, a normal male has gotten together with a carrier female and they had two twin girls. The genotype for the male is an X with a capital N (normal) and for the female an X with a capital N and another X with a lowercase (signaling her as a carrier). I've come up with this by myself. If you're not aware, males either can have colorblindness or not (it's sex linked). Females, however can only be carriers unless one of their parents has the disease and the other is a carrier/has the disease. My question is...I'm pretty sure one of the twins is a carrier for colorblindness. Does that automatically make the other twin a carrier, as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2011-2012 MaxCTR Blogger Template Converted by Xiontechinfo.Com and BlogisBlogging.Com